Firefly Returns in Browncoats Unite
Get your pretty floral bonnets ready, folks. Science Channel is airing a one-hour special entitled Browncoats Unite in celebration of Firefly’s ten year anniversary.
The feature is set to include the reunion of the cast at this year’s Comic-Con, as well as in-depth and exclusive behind-the-scenes interviews with Nathan Fillion and Joss Whedon, as well as Alan Tudyk, Summer Glau, Adam Baldwin, Sean Maher, showrunner Tim Minear, and writer Jose Molina.
November 11th sees the return of our favorite space ruffians to television with an all day marathon airing on the Science Channel before the special’s premiere. If you’re lucky enough to be attending SDCC, catch the panel live on Friday at 12:30 p.m.
July 3rd, 2012
- In Doctor Who news, the latest casting for the seventh season has been revealed. Additionally, Douglas Adams’ unfinished episode “Shada”, is getting a novelisation by long-time writer of the show, Gareth Roberts. Roberts has written some of the more entertaining episodes of Doctor Who - I’m certain his adaptation of Adams’ work will be a perfect fit.
- Total Recall has a new trailer, featuring robots, explosions, and a three-breasted prostitute. Plus, Bryan Cranston is in it. What more can you ask for?
- The cast and crew of Firefly are reuniting at Comic-Con on July 13th, 2012. Show-runner Joss Whedon will take part in a panel with writer Tim Minear, as well as Nathan Fillion, Alan Tudyk, Adam Baldwin, Sean Maher, and Michael Fairman, to celebrate the show’s ten-year anniversary. There are rumors circulating the web with fans wildly speculating about the show’s future now that Mr. Whedon has won the hearts of a larger audience. No word yet one way or the other, but you can bet there’ll be a frantic post from me if we get any kind of confirmation on the matter.
- Say hello to “Mi-Fi”: tiny Lego recreations of some of your favorite scenes from science fiction. Personal favorites? The cast of Futurama and this awesome Death Star trench. Featured above: Resistance Is Futile by halfbeak.
- Two episodes of Star Trek: The Next Generation are being brought to theatres on July 23rd, to celebrate the launch of the show’s first season being brought to Blu-Ray, as well as it’s 25 year anniversary. The screenings of “Where No One Has Gone Before” and “Datalore” will be accompanied by a sneak peak at the special footage found on the Blu-Ray. You can watch the trailer and get your tickets here.
That’s the round-up for today. Just as a heads-up, posts will continue to be queued up through the next day or so, on account of my celebrating another year around the sun today. Oh, and keep your eyes peeled for a sci-fi/gaming giveaway we’ll be doing soon with The Red Herb. We think you guys are gonna like it, so stay tuned!