Noah Oppenheim and Shepard Fairey Tapped to Join “1984”
Whether you want it or not, Image Entertainment is pushing forward with its adaptation of George Orwell’s dystopian thriller, 1984. For those of you who weren’t paying attention in high school English, the story is set in a totalitarian police state and follows one Winston Smith as he navigates a grisly future full of Newspeak, thought police, and Big Brother’s watchful gaze.
The cautionary tale is being written by Noah Oppenheim, Deadline revealed. Oppenheim is currently in the process of penning The Secret Life of Houdini with the director of The Hunger Games, Gary Ross, as well as two other remakes. Beyond that, his writing credit is sparse, but his producing credits extend to The Buried Life and The Today Show.
In addition to the announcement of Oppenheim’s attachment, famed artist Shepard Fairey is in talks to produce the revamped adaptation, though so far there’s no backing for said rumor. We’ll keep you updated on further information as it develops.
- xivtemperance reblogged this from monolithr
- monolithr likes this
- shotapenguins likes this
- china-blue likes this
- noaxioms reblogged this from motherfuckinscifi
- foreignphilosophy likes this
- johnmojica40 reblogged this from motherfuckinscifi and added:
- blocodeespantamentos likes this
- getouttamyhood likes this
- sum1 likes this
- veronox reblogged this from motherfuckinscifi
- veronox likes this
- sfcg reblogged this from motherfuckinscifi
- randomcollegeguy reblogged this from motherfuckinscifi
- randomcollegeguy likes this
- kromley likes this
- automatic-bazooti likes this
- forasgardandthrealmeternal reblogged this from motherfuckinscifi and added:
- motherfuckinscifi posted this